[3830] CQWW CW KD2MX SOAB LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Nov 26 20:55:27 EST 2006

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: KD2MX
Operator(s): KD2MX
Station: KD2MX

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Oakland NJ

  160:    7     4        4
   80:   16     8       11
   40:   34    14       22
   20:   66    15       43
   15:   98    19       51
   10:   15    10       12

FT897 at 100w - ~600' random loop at ~30'

Operated mostly in 30 minute segments in between doing the usual weekend chores
and such.  Lucked out and caught 5A7A when I was just walking past the radio
Saturday afternoon.  Got a couple of solid hours in here and there, with one
good long stretch Sunday afternoon.

15M was the workhorse here.  This band has always been my favorite.  It was
open most of both days and was very quiet QRN-wise, but with plenty of good dx.
What's all the complaining about the sunspot lows?  If this is bad, I can't wait
to see what fun is to come in a few years.   Worked a lot of Africa and South
America, not as much Europe.  Had a nice opening to ZL late Sunday afternoon.
Nothing like bagging ZL on one quick call.  Seems my new loop is working out
better than the old longwire.  It solved all my RFI problems too.  Lots of
noise on 20, 40 and 80m here made working those bands less pleasant.  Had a few
nice openings on 10m too.

Only disappointment...no JAs.  Heard some late Sunday on 20M but with lots of
flutter.  Couldn't copy good enough to even try to work them.

Favorite moment...working KH6 on 160m at sunrise Sunday on one call!