[3830] CQWW CW K1EP SOAB LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Nov 26 22:03:01 EST 2006

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: K1EP
Operator(s): K1EP
Station: K1EP

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: EMA
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:   64    10       23
   80:   28     8       15
   40:   37    10       21
   20:   51    11       29
   15:   62    14       37
   10:   14     6       10

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

I spent the first night at W2PV (K1RX) on 160M.  Went home Saturday morning to
do a little operating from my station.  Put in a part time effort, while
catching up on sleep and nursing a bad back.  Since I only have a stealth
inverted L for 160M, I wasn't really expecting to do much on the high bands.  I
could get it to resonate with some magic from the internal tuner.  I could only
work the loud ones and didn't have too much luck busting pileups (except when
good timing worked).  This week was good on 160M.  I actually heard VK, KL7,
and JA during the week before the contest and a ZL during the contest (couldn't
work him).  Never heard any of those mults or zones before on 160!  Hope these
conditions last the winter.