[3830] CQWW CW 9H6A(9H1XT) SOAB(A) HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Nov 27 09:10:11 EST 2006

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: 9H6A
Operator(s): 9H1XT
Station: 9H6A

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: Xghajra Malta
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:  223     8       45
   80:  113    11       47
   40:  313    17       62
   20:  291    16       57
   15:  274    13       39
   10:  331    12       36
------------------------------
Total: 1545    77      286  Total Score = 762,663

First effort at this contest. On the insistence of my dear friend, Vlad 9h1za
who is now away from the island and whose skills and advise is sorely missed.

The score itself is testimony to my inexperience without mentioning the
operating itself. I am grateful for the experience gained and very sorry for
those who I irritated...There are many.

I went into the fray without a proper strategy, hastily mustered station and
makedo preparation. However I am glad I did and am more determined to do it
again.

John 9h1xt [9h6a]

What was totally unexpected were the huge pileups on peak hours: could not
handle it....especially when strong stations I had already worked kept calling
over and over again. I have no idea what went wrong.  Any comments from other
stations who were listening and those who posted the descriptive spots on the
clusters will be of help, I am sure.