[3830] CQWW CW W1ECT SOAB LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Nov 27 10:47:38 EST 2006

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: W1ECT
Operator(s): W1ECT
Station: W1ECT

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Etna, NH

  160:    4     2        4
   80:   49     6       28
   40:   22     7       22
   20:  135    15       51
   15:  167    20       58
   10:   26    11       18

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

For the second year in a row I wasn’t motivated for an all-out effort, partly
due to the requirements of my new part-time job at the local post office.  I
also decided to try low power for a change.  I spent 99.9% of my time scanning
the bands and during the three short attempts at CQing I only added about 10
QSOs to the log.  I was curious to see how my low-power signal would do and
found that on 20-10 meters I didn’t have any troubles getting through unless
there was a pile-up of more than a couple of stations - even so, this only
stopped me from working about 5-6 stations.  On 80 meters I could only work
about half of the European stations I heard calling - I suspect that with my
beverage I can hear much better than many stations on the far end.  I didn’t
spend much time on 160 but I did pick up a few QSOs on that band.  I didn’t
try 40 at all until late Sunday (during a break between football games).  I
wanted to bring my QSO count up to 400 and my ‘on’ time to 8 hours.  I
managed to quickly add 19 QSOs, each one a new country!

Station: www.xmlog.com/shack

Mike - W1ECT