[3830] CQWW CW HK1AR(HK1AR/W4OI) SOSB/40 LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Nov 27 10:54:20 EST 2006

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: HK1AR
Operator(s): HK1AR/W4OI
Station: HK1AR

Class: SOSB/40 LP
QTH: Colombia

   40: 2232    33      110
Total: 2232    33      110  Total Score = 941,981

Club: Central Arizona DX Association

Comments:

Murphy visited several times.  No amplifier so changed class, no rotator for
new 40 meter beam but fortunately had a sloper on the USA and a high dipole.
Also line noise which I never had before.  Could hear KC1XX, K1TTT, etc. all
day long! I'm at 10,200' ASL overlooking the city of Bogota - about 1,500'
higher in elevetion with an almost straight drop off to the North and West for
180 degrees.  To Europe and the East I can see peaks of the Colomiban Andes
at least 60 miles away! Spectacular. This new QTH seems very FB will be better
prepared next time.  Hoping this is a new South American SOSB 40 record.