[3830] CQWW SSB CT6A(CT1CJJ) SOAB LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Nov 27 18:49:21 EST 2006

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: CT6A
Operator(s): CT1CJJ
Station: CT6A

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: S. Martinho-Portugal
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:  166     7       41
   80:  280    11       58
   40:  428    20       63
   20:  975    26       87
   15:  298    26       79
   10:  270    16       59

Club: Worldwide Young Contesters

Comments:

This score was really a disappointment for me.

After all the hard work we had during last months installing the second tower
with another set of antennas in order to improve our LP station, not because
the performance of the new antennas, but I have to recognize that the score was
due to the bad propagation conditions.

10mtrs was a surprise and when the band opened, nice European pileup that
produced some good results, missing the good pilup’s from NA.

15 and 20 meters and 40 meters where so hard to work and I had huge problems
getting runs going, there were not a single frequency free and when it was, it
there was also 59+40 splatter making listening almost impossible.

I have to recognize that I was missing from the other years the good and huge
pilup’s from the NA stations, also Europe, I was very sad to experience
another reality. Where are the CONTESTERS?

Some years ago we use to run huge pilup’s during several hours, this time we
called CQ Contest and the pilup was really just for some minutes.
That’s perhaps the reason why we couldn’t find any free frequency anywhere,
everybody decided to install comfortable in one frequency and do not move
anymore from there and not looking for multipliers neither.

Asia was quite difficult to work.

The band that I enjoyed a lot was 160 meters, there I experienced a very nice
Pilup even if I worked only 166 Q’s, very good conditions to NA.

That’s all folks, hope to see you, and the propagation, next year, if my
station will be available for me, Priority to the Junior, FILIPE, CT1ILT.

73, de CT1CJJ, (AKA CT6A), SOAB LP -SO1R- CQWWSSB 2006.