[3830] CQWW CW KT1V SOSB/160 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Nov 27 21:16:21 EST 2006

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: KT1V
Operator(s): KT1V
Station: KT1V

Class: SOSB/160 HP
QTH: NH
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:  521    21       90

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Apparently I get nosebleeds above about 1874 (a great run freq in
CQ160 CW, but too high for CQWWCW).

Simple plan:
Start well rested, sleep some Saturday, play with kids all daylight hours
Sunday.

Work 400 EUs, most of the zones, but not too many countries (I tend
to DX). That would have broken the record.

Instead:
Started tired, slept in the chair somewhat, played with kids all day
Sat and Sun.
Worked 355 EUs, barely most of the zones, and less than DXCC

Highlights:
A zone 18 station tried to steal my run frequency. Made him work me
first. Never expected than on topband!
Working lots of zero point friends for zone 5 credit. Always happy to do that.