[3830] CQWW CW DF9OX SOSB(A)/80 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Nov 29 19:25:23 EST 2006

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: DF9OX
Operator(s): DF9OX
Station: DF9OX

Class: SOSB(A)/80 HP
QTH: JO53hh

Total: 1320    30      100  Total Score = 279,890

Club: Rhein Ruhr DX Association

Comments:

Hi @all,

my 2nd try in CQWW CW, this year again with a lot faults.
As usual by nearly everyone, I finished friday eve my rig.

Main fault was with the beverages; I run by my feet some km that friday for
finishing them, without time for testing.
But today (Wednesday 29th of Nov) I found a nice mistake: 300/330/0/30 deg were
not working ok. A coax fault.
I listened during both night shifts mainly on that 300deg one, and worked a
lot. So mni tnx for those coming through. Especially VE7CC, AB7E and N7CW from
Zone 3.
If there were others called me not even from Z3 which I did not rxed, vy sri.
Pse give me a short mail for my personal interest.

On local Sunday Morning a contest hating guy disturbed my CQs; ignoring him was
not working. He started to pirate me; he called CQ with my call.
Me QSYed. For those worked me that time: until 7:05Z I was on 3541.6, later
3534.4. 26th of Nov.

Many Thanks to all who answered my CQ, special tnx to Louis HP3XUG, VE7CC,
YW4D, LT1F (loud!), all TFs, VP2VVV, TG5A, AH2R (vy loud!), 5A1A (not 5A7A,
hope he is no pirate)

Hrd 37 Zones (missed 12, 26, 37) and 116 DXCCs.

I hate that "always calling without listening" some EU guys practice. For sure
they cannot here the dx, but they keep on calling.
Some (maybe same) people had to think abt the situation in tropic and QRNic
areas like S9SS and BA4RF. They do their best!
Getting angry and do not stop calling them will not help anybody, only QRMing
everybody.
Tnx to both, and others, for going on with trying to grab calls!
Sometimes I do not want to sit on the other side....

vy 73 de  André/Andy  DF9OX   http://www.df9ox.com