[3830] CQWW CW 4L2M SOSB(A)/40 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Thu Nov 30 14:35:29 EST 2006

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: 4L2M
Operator(s): 4L2M
Station: 4L2M

Class: SOSB(A)/40 HP
QTH: Obcha

   40: 2223    35      125
Total: 2223    25      125  Total Score = 984,480

Club: NARG

Comments:

To start with I couldn’t really manage to be prepared for the contest as I was
planned, until few days before the contest still was not sure that can
participate due to some serious ongoing program at my work. Grateful to my
friend Gia-4L0ABC who offered to work from his contest station which is located
in the village Obcha, west Georgia. His 3 element full size yagi  of M2 @22m
which is located on the hill can be viewed at qrz.com. Great location where
some really good results can be achieved.
Initially everything went very well though had annoying interference coming
from power stabilizer/UPS, which something you must have in this qth due to
unreliable power supply and low voltage. I did manage to decrease it to some
degree but that was it, something needs to be fixed for future. This was one of
the main reason not keeping good rates in the number of pileups I had throughout
the contest. Have missed few zones (like 1,2, 36, 37, 38) but in general good
propagation. And…… last 2 hours had no power, came back just few minutes
before the end.
Anyway good contest, enjoyed it and could do better if not some good excuses
I’ve listed above, and thanks again to Gia, if not this setting I was offered
I couldn’t reach even this result.

P.S.
All participated contesters were great operators. Thank you to everibody.