[3830] CaQP N6IMP(W6SJ) SOCntyExp LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Oct 11 21:39:19 EDT 2006

                    California QSO Party

Call: N6IMP
Operator(s): W6SJ
Station: N6IMP

Class: SOCntyExp LP
QTH: IMPE

--------------------

Club: Salton Sea ARC

Comments:

This was  Field Day type operation to further test the viability of using
vertical antennas next to salt water. Lots of problems setting up tents,
setting antenna tuners that worked at home to work, getting software that
worked at to work there (I had hoped to work SO2R), getting the 80 m antenna to
work at all, and killing lots of flies.

Nonetheless, I was able to sustain QSO rates a lot higher than at home.  Hoped
to get 1000 Q's but fell short of that, but felt better about being able to get
some nice sig reports whilst operating SSB, an unfamiliar mode.

Great fun.