[3830] Oceania CW VK4EMM SOAB LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Oct 15 19:50:31 EDT 2006

                    Oceania DX Contest, CW

Call: VK4EMM
Operator(s): VK4EMM
Station: VK4EMM

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Nr Brisbane

   40:  469   253
   20:  306   190
   15:  195   117
Total: 1148   686  Total Score = 3,119,928

Club: VKCC

Comments:

I always enjoy this contest - particularly the excellent participation from Asia
and Europe.

The 80m and 40m conditions were outstanding, with runs to Asia, Europe, and NA
on both bands. The 40m long-path to Europe (from 0645 to 0730 UTC) was the best
I have ever heard with a pleasant run to Europe and reinforced by big signals
from NA via the short-path. However, in 1997 (using a dipole) my log had an
extra 400 contacts on 40m from NA. 15m and 10m were well down compared to the
previous week for the Oceania phone contest.

Antennas
80m: monopole vertical with two elevated radials;
40m: two 3 element vertical beams with two elevated radials on each pole. One
beam on Caribbean and the other beam on EU / Asia short path;
20m: 3 element yagi;
15: 3 element yagi;
10m: 4 element yagi.

Many thanks to all who take in this opportunity to work Oceania.