[3830] JARTS KI6DY/0 Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Oct 22 21:21:31 EDT 2006

                    JARTS WW RTTY Contest

Call: KI6DY/0
Operator(s): KI6DY
Station: KI6DY

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: KS

   80:  104   208    15
   40:  164   339    22
   20:  284   688    69
   15:  116   287    48
   10:    0     0     0
-------------------------
Total:  668  1522   154  Total Score = 234,388

Due to antenna problems I haven't been on the air since March. A very busy
summer did not allow me to get everything fixed until just before this contest.
So, I was really looking forward to this contest, however when I saw the SF at
70 my excitement waned a bit.

Much to my surprise the bands (except 10) played better than I expected. The DX
was not very strong, don't think there was a DX station that pushed my meter
past S7 and many did not move the meter at all, but they were in there. I
apologize to the few that I just could not pull out. Think the best Dx was East
Malaysia Saturday evening on 20M.

Shut things down with about five hours left due to other commitments, but don't
know that that hurt the score that much as the rates were pretty low for the
time I was on Sunday.

Anyway, you should expect to see me in there more often, that is until
something else major breaks.

I just received an outstanding plaque for the 2006 RTTY Roundup, so expect that
to be my next super serious effort.

Thanks to all that worked me and to JARTS for sponsoring a nice contest. Cool
to see the ages of all the ops. The youngest I worked was 27 and the oldest was
85 or 87 I believe. If I live that long I got about 40 more years of RTTY
contesting to look forward to.

73 de Bob (KI6DY)