[3830] IlQP W0BH Non-IL HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Oct 23 17:10:04 EDT 2006

                    Illinois QSO Party

Call: W0BH
Operator(s): W0BH
Station: W0BH

Class: Non-IL HP
QTH: KS

  160:
   80:     51        9
   40:    103       82
------------------------
Total:    154       91  Mults = 83  Total Score = 33,117

My first attempt at the ILQP .. LOTS of enthusiastic mobiles, and portables on
two, three, and four county lines made the time go by fast and the Q count go
up faster than I would have expected. Also liked the 8 hour format. Low noise
on 40 during the day and on 80 in the evening was a pleasant surprise as well,
and signals held up all day long. I did check 20 from time to time and heard
stations working IL, but as expected, the signals went right over Kansas.

Worked every county I heard, although I can see on the map where I missed
several that I know the mobiles passed through. Several mobiles stayed on the
same frequencies most of the day which made them really easy to put into memory
and check again and again to our mutual benefit. It is also greatly appreciated
when the mobile stations include /<COUNTY> when calling CQ which most did. If
nothing else you learn the counties you missed! I heard KJ9C/CUMB just as I
switched bands (needing CUMB). I answered his next call and heard KJ9C/COLE as
he crossed the county line :( although COLE was new, too. Luckily I caught him
in CUMB on his return trip.

Counties not worked (19) :

ALEX BROW CLRK CLNT EFFG HARD JASP MACN MSHL MASN MNRO MOUL POPE PUTN SCOT SHEL
WABA WARR WAYN

A BIG THANKS to all who activated counties either mobile, portable, or fixed. I
know the weather wasn't ideal this weekend in many cases!

I'll miss lots of CQWW because of a Flight Instructor Refresher Clinic. Hope to
work you all in Sweepstakes!

73, Bob, w0bh