[3830] CQWW SSB K7RL SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Oct 30 13:11:29 EST 2006

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: K7RL
Operator(s): K7RL
Station: K7RL

Class: SOAB HP
QTH:

  160:   16     7        8
   80:  258    23       41
   40:  325    28       68
   20: 1350    38      124
   15:  372    26       62
   10:   57    12       21

Club: Western Washington DX Club

Comments:

Overall, the raw score increased 1,625 points over 2005.  It isn’t much, but
I’ll take it one year lower in the solar cycle.  After the first 24 hours, my
score was 1.6 meg; typically the final score is double that total.  This shows
how tough it was in the final 24 hours.

The only dramatic difference this year was 15m:  697 Qs in 2005 versus 372 Qs;
a 46 percent drop.  Never did work any northern EU, and JA was mediocre to nil
Saturday/Sunday.  I knew 15m would be tough, especially when I heard N7DD
running EU Friday morning giving 59+10 reports to stations registering 53 here.
 Bring on cycle 24!

Congratulations to the operators in VK on an excellent showing - I can’t ever
remember working so many.  A special congratulations to nine year old VK1AA on a
fine performance in his first CQ WW!  Well done Josh!

Many thanks to all the great operators that made into the log!

73 de Mitch, K7RL