[3830] CQWW SSB N2IC SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Oct 30 18:03:03 EST 2006

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: N2IC
Operator(s): N2IC
Station: N2IC

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: New Mexico

  160:   12     6        8
   80:  165    23       45
   40:  312    26       65
   20:  673    35      107
   15:  929    33      109
   10:  151    18       41

Didn't feel like a no-sunspot weekend - More like a middle-of-the-cycle weekend
with a geomagnetic disturbance. The low bands were just terrible - noisy and
absorptive. Heard very little on 160, and had usually-easy Carribean stations
CQing in my face on 80. Eventually worked most of them, but it was a struggle.
Too many stations on 40 didn't listen up - at least not when I was hearing
them. No long path on 40 or 80, except for RU6LA on 40 - the only zone 16 heard
on that band ! 20 was as-expected. Can't run EU from here, but pretty decent JA
runs. 15 was excellent until Sunday morning. Excellent JA activity and
propagation on 15 Friday and Saturday night, and fairly good EU on Saturday,
but no EU on Sunday. 10 meters was the big surprise. Worked a handful of EU
Saturday AM, and a short, weak JA run Saturday night, an hour after sunset. The
best part of that opening was being called by YB1UUN and 9M8YY.

Overall, the score is down about 10% from last year, due mostly to poorer low
band condx, and Sunday's geomagnetic activity.

Slept about 5 hours Saturday night, and lost 2 more hours in 15-30 minute
chunks when both of my TS-950SDX's gave me major problems. The rig problems
also had a significant impact on my attitude.

Thanks for all the QSO's !

73,
Steve, N2IC