[3830] CQWW SSB WO1N SOAB(A) LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Oct 31 20:24:43 EST 2006

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: WO1N
Operator(s): WO1N
Station: WO1N

Class: SOAB(A) LP
QTH: MA

   40:    3     3        3
   20:   73    18       50
   15:   90    18       56
   10:   23     8       12

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Equipment: FT1000D, C3-SS at 38', R7, N1MM

 Soapbox:

 Part time effort from home after doing both night shifts at K0TV.

 A blast at both locations, especially using the 80M 4 sq at Jerry's. That
thing rocks! The home station is a bit not up to snuff, hence I really didn't
even attempt any low bands. 40M and 100W with a trap vertical just don't hack
it...15M was great on Saturday afternoon. Not so on Sunday from here.

 Fun to sit at home and listen on local UHF to the K1IR and K0TV operations in
panic with power failures etc.

 Consider, all over the world we've got guys getting up at all sorts of ungodly
hours, driving to friends houses to put in a few hours operating. Driving home
half asleep in some cases. Drinking way to much coffee, eating way to many
munchies, only to subject their ears to the most mind bending cacophony of
noise sometimes known as SSB. What a hobby!

 CU in SS,

 Ken
 WO1N