[3830] CQWW SSB ZY7C(@PT7CB) M/S HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Oct 31 22:43:53 EST 2006

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: ZY7C
Operator(s): PT7AA, PT7BZ, PT7CB, PT7CG, PT7WA, PT7YV, PT7ZAA, PT7ZT, PY8AZT
Station: PT7CB

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Fortaleza

  160:    1     1        1
   80:  344    16       72
   40:  711    33      102
   20: 2083    37      143
   15: 2311    34      144
   10:  336    24       95

Club: Araucaria DX Group

Comments:

Rig : IC-756ProIII + PA Alpha 91B
      IC-756ProIII + PA Yaesu TL-922

Antennas : 160m Dipole @ 40m
	    80m USA Yagi 3el @ 30m / Eur Yagi 3el @ 30m
	    40m 2x2 Yagi @ 20/40m
	    20m 5x5 Yagi @ 30/20m
	    15m 6x6 yagi @ 24/12m
	    10m 7x7 yagi @ 8/15m

Soapbox :

After rebuild our Contest Station, we had no idea how it would perform on the
bands when the contest start. The first hour with 207Qs and over 1000Qs after
just 4th hour we were more confident.

Even with some little troubles, we notched down our last year score just after
18 hours. So our goal was 7000Qs and 15M pts, but some unexpected problems
(Murphy) dare show up on the weekend.

On Thursday, we tested the 160m dipole, and we lost it on the Friday, allow
working only a local station. On 10, we skip the Saturday morning (Europe) and
Sunday night (Pacific) opening. The running station hit very late the 10m on
Sunday morning and it was amazing working 300 stations in 1,5 hour with a great
surprise XX9C “Break On Through (To The Other Side)” the European Pile Up.

The low band was under exploited. The 3 elements yagi for 80m toward EUA worked
great, but the other yagi beaming to Europe needs more adjustments. We could
hear better Europeans on the USA yagi. For the CW leg should get one K9AY Loop
and at least one beverage to USA.

But we are very happy with the new station and ZY7C Team wants to thank you all
for the QSOs on many bands!

QSL via PT7WA. CU all on CQWW CW!

Best 73, ZY7C Team