[3830] NA Sprint CW K5ZD LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Sep 10 00:05:06 EDT 2006

                    NA Sprint CW Contest

Call: K5ZD
Operator(s): K5ZD
Station: K5ZD

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: MA

---------------------

Team: YCCC #1

Comments:

Woke up this morning in Helsinki Finland!  Two long flights, a drive home full
of traffic and it was 17.5 hours hotel to home.  Had a few hours to recover and
then decided I would play in the Sprint while watching Texas play Ohio State on
TV.  Was doing just well enough after the first hour to keep going.  Then got
to the point that I wanted to quit, but thought it worth sticking out to see if
I could make 300 low power.  Not to be as 80m was difficult.  Got beat out time
after time - I must have called K5TR and N2IC 20 times on 80m with no luck.

Did discover that I have a lot of station work to do in order to be ready for
the Fall contest season.