[3830] NA Sprint CW W6YX(N7MH) HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Sep 10 02:05:34 EDT 2006

                    NA Sprint CW Contest

Call: W6YX
Operator(s): N7MH
Station: W6YX

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: CA

   80:   67    0:50
   40:  128    1:45
   20:  108    1:25
---------------------

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Team: NCCC #1

Comments:

Thanks to N6DE for getting the Alpha 87A working on the morning of the contest.
I intended to try SO2R for the first time in a couple years, but ran out of
set-up time after receiving a phone call from a visiting friend just when I
planned to head up to the shack.

I was hoping to break 300 Q's and was well on target until the beginning of the
final hour when things slowed down on 40.  80 meters was quite good until about
the last 6 minutes when I was at 297 but hit a 3-minute stretch where every QSO
or CQ I tuned across was someone I'd already worked.  I thought I wasn't going
to make any more Q's, but then things picked up again and hopefully I'll remain
over 300 after log-checking.

I didn't hear any mults that I didn't work, but notice that K0OU submitted a
score and I didn't work MO.  It was nice to hear VY1JA and KL7WV so active in
the Sprint.  KH6/W6PH was another surprise even though he doesn't count for a
mult.

73,
-Mike, N7MH