[3830] NA Sprint CW W0BH HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Sep 11 19:26:43 EDT 2006

                    NA Sprint CW Contest

Call: W0BH
Operator(s): W0BH
Station: W0BH

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: KS

---------------------

Team:

Comments:

Summer NS practice really helped for me, so this was the first CW Sprint I
actually enjoyed! LOTS of room for improvement to be sure, but no headache for
once and lots of familiar calls and great ops. I'm sure my headache will come
back as my SO2R plans come alive!

20m was really long early for me .. basically worked the coasts, but went to
40m earlier than in the past.  A good decision because 40 was quiet and well
populated. 80m was noisy, but I now have 5 of 8 bev directions operational
(waiting on the wheat to be planted to get N, S, and SW up) so hearing was no
problem.

Only worked BC, MB, ON in VE-land and missed ID, UT, ND, SD, IA, VT, KS, and
MS.
Heard Tor, N4OGW a number of times (loud)in MS but always at the wrong end of
the cycle. After working him almost every Thursday evening during the summer, I
didn't worry soon enough about finding him and time just ran out on what should
have been an easy mult to get. Otherwise, worked all mults that I heard.

Already looking forward to the next one (with lots of practice in between).

73, Bob, w0bh