[3830] ARRL Sep VHF KA1ZE Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Sep 12 18:40:09 EDT 2006

                    ARRL September VHF QSO Party

Call: KA1ZE
Operator(s): KA1ZE
Station: KA1ZE

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: FN01xt

  1.2:   36    23
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  590   235  Total Score = 213,145

This was the third September contest from my contesting location in FN01xt. A
cold front went through Saturday afternoon with bone chilling lightning. After
the first few claps of thunder I decided to toss all feed lines and rotor
cables out in the rain. I was still pretty nervous so I decided to get in my
truck and drive away from the shack. My home is 8 hours away in Connecticut and
my little shack is only a few feet from the base of the 155 foot tower. That is
a big lightning rod!

Conditions were pretty poor all weekend. This was my lowest grid count on 144
in this location. The January contest gave me 4 more grids! I think it is time
for me to figure out WSJT...

Thanks to all of the rovers that made it into my log.
VE3SMA;N2SLN;K2MET;KE5HDE;K2QO;VE3OIL;KE3HT;WA3PTV;KC3WD;N1JEZ;WA2IID;VE3VZ and
N3IQ.

My best contact was with VE2DFO, 300 miles on 432, Don was running 10 watts to
a 2 meter ant!

Thanks to all, Stan, KA1ZE