[3830] SAC CW W6/VK2IMM SOAB LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Sep 17 09:59:52 EDT 2006

                    Scandinavian Activity Contest, CW

Call: W6/VK2IMM
Operator(s): VK2IMM
Station: VK2IMM

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: SAN JOSE

   20:  23     16
Total:  23     16  Total Score = 368

Club: VKCC

Comments:

Rig: TS 440SAT with MicroHam Interface
Antenna: Loaded Vertical Dipole (Two mobile Hustler Antennas)
S/W: MixW

I did not expect to work many stations as I thought my quick 5 min antenna at
my W6 QTH will not be good enough to work the polar path. The stations comeup
nicely and all responded to my calls what was rather surprizing. The path was
open in the morning for just over an hour with OH1MA appearing first, also
worked two OH8 staions (OH8L and OH8X (very loud!) ) later during the day with
very good signals. I wish I had a 40 M setup but I run out of time to built it.
Great to participate in SAC as usual. It was not too easy to operate this test
from W6.

Regards,

Sergey W6/VK2IMM