[3830] SAC CW LN8W(LA7MFA) SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Sep 19 04:09:10 EDT 2006

                    Scandinavian Activity Contest, CW

Call: LN8W
Operator(s): LA7MFA
Station: LN8W

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Rakkestad

Total: 1774   232  Total Score = 982,984

Club: Lima Alfa Contest Club

Comments:

It was great fun to operate SAC CW from our club station again.

This year conds were great but I suspect there were far too many mults
from the East compared to the last year. Our strongest side is to the West.

Since I focused too much on QSO numbers last year, I had to try to keep focus
on the mults this year. As a result I lost at least 200 QSOs and got frustrated
trying to QSY folks on 10m and 15m.

I tried very hard on 15m the first day, which put me far behind the best in the
QSO numbers. So I tried hard to catch up and stayed too long on 20m. This made
me one hour late on 40m and far more worse one hour late on 80m. I guess most
of "just called to say hello" contesters went to bed when I showed up on 80m.

Anyway it is not possible to beat the Finns without fully automated mult
station
which does not prevent you from continue running the pileup on the run station
at full speed. Not too mention the antennas and propagation. The trick is to
move every single "just called to say hello" station from a rare country (which
may even be EI, ER, ON) to every single band the first time you meet him. It
would be so much easier if the other side also was interested in QSYing you for
the mult. This is "one-way" contest.

I guess I will focus on the QSO numbers next year. It is so much more fun to
work the great SAC pileups. Running the pileup at the high speed is what makes
me interested in contesting after all.

Thanks again to all those who showed up in the contest to make this so
enjoyable
for us Scandinavians. See you next year!

Best 73 de Lech, LA7MFA