[3830] SAC CW HB0/OZ7BQ SOAB QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Sep 20 15:11:03 EDT 2006

                    Scandinavian Activity Contest, CW

Call: HB0/OZ7BQ
Operator(s): OZ7BQ
Station: HB0/OZ7BQ

Class: SOAB QRP
QTH: Malbun
Operating Time (hrs):

Total:  133    52  Total Score = 6,916

Club: Danish DX Group

Comments:

Bringing my K1 with me to Liechtenstein for the SAC CW contest was an
experience.
21 MHz never opened to Scandinavia. 14 MHz never opened to OZ. 7 MHz was the
best band. A last minute decision to bring a 40 meters dipole proved
succesfull.
As always when operating QRP, I was surprised to note how many high-power
stations, whoes receivers did not live up to the coverage of their
transmitters. A total waste of power. Always a pleasure to work the "weak
ones", most will pick up a QRP station at first call.
The number of OZ QSO's was a disappointment.

Staying at the Alpenhotel in Malbun - www.alpenhotel.li - was a success. No
problems with antennas and the food was just great.
73 de OZ7BQ