[3830] SAC SSB LN3Z(@LA6YEA) M/S HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Sep 24 15:56:36 EDT 2006

                    Scandinavian Activity Contest, SSB

Call: LN3Z
Operator(s): LA5UF, LA6YEA, LA9GX
Station: LA6YEA

Class: M/S HP
QTH:

   10:   22     5
-------------------
Total: 1188   180  Total Score = 513,360

Big down compared to cw contest last weekend. Main reson to this was the major
collapse of condx from early saturday evening local time. We knew this was
gonna be a "dogfight" to keep up run and mults at desent rates. But we never
expected that we would be totally wiped out of the contest. Felt like in the
middle of nowhere. Reminded me of a couple of trips to JW at it`s worst.

Until the black out we were pretty competative to most stations after what we
could hear. We only worked 100 qsos from 0000z -0800z, trying our best.
Horrible noise, no signals. Lucky we got the voicekeyer. Frustrating to hear
stations up north working NA pile while we were left with noise and no signals
on any band.....horrible !!! It all ended up that we decided to have a time
out, and rather have a little sleep.

Well, it was not a totally waste of time though. Still got some answers what
need to be done in front of the cqww contests.
Really needed the K9AY loop to push down the noise from S-9 levels on 40/80m so
we could work the few we heard during the long night. Lets forget this as soon
as posible......:)

LA6YEA - "Paul"