[3830] SAC SSB OF6A(OH6LI) SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Sep 25 17:14:53 EDT 2006

                    Scandinavian Activity Contest, SSB

Call: OF6A
Operator(s): OH6LI
Station: OH4A

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Kisko

   10:    4     4
-------------------
Total: 1498   216  Total Score = 741,960

My first SAC SOAB for some 15+ years !
Definitely the first at our Summer cottage station.
This was a very nice learning exercise.
I am getting to know more weak spots in my operating than I have fixed until
now.
Handling two radios makes the operating much more interesting !
The traditionally slow contest SAC was full of action. Nonstop.

Rigs: 2xFT1000MP with a lot of mods, 2x amps.
80m: 2el shortened home made
40m: 2o2 home made + 2 el Cuschraft
20m: 4o4o4 + 4o4o4 + 2 el home made
15m: 4o4 + part time 4o4 home made
10m: 4o4o4 + 4o4o4 home made

Biggest thrills: many multipliers who moved to give multipliers !
THANK YOU ALL WHO MOVED !
Low points: All stations with whom I tried to QSY we did not get the QSO
through.
Encouragement: THANK YOU ALL VERY MUCH FOR TRYING !!!

Lowest point: Lady Aurora Show. She started early Saturday evening.

Learnings:
Amp said once big bang. Probably a fly flew into plate compartment.
After resetting the automatic fuses all was OK again.
Learning/root cause: Do not leave too big holes for ventilation.
The home made amp has dia 9mm holes.
Lost eastern tower's 15m stack - luckily Western tower's 15m 4o4 was OK.
Lost direction display from Western tower.
Caused me to turn the tower too much ->
had to repair the tower rotor in the middle of the night.
Had to find the flashlight first !
Lesson: always plan for the worst !
Action: re-design the whole direction sensor system.
Always have a flashlight near.
Had some stomach problems during Sunday.
Lesson: do not eat glutein for 48 hours before the contest.
Lost 80m yagi reflector relay control once again.
Cure: The atenna will come down for a repair Summer 2007.

I wish Peter OZ5WQ all the best with the logs. I know what I am writing about.

*** OF6A QSL via OH6AA ***