[3830] CQ WW RTTY K9MUG SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Sep 26 16:20:21 EDT 2006

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY

Call: K9MUG
Operator(s): K9MUG
Station: K9MUG

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Al(04)

   80:  107   145       38      14    11
   40:  282   495       45      41    18
   20:  163   378       27      35    14
   15:   33    65        6      17    12
   10:    2     5        0       2     2
Total:  587  1088      116     109    57  Total Score = 306,816

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

I could complain about all the woes of this weekend, but I'll just say a few
words about something much more important--- friendship.In the run-up to this
contest, I encountered more problems than I have ever faced. But my great
friend and RTTY mentor, Tom, WX4TM, was always there to help.

He helped me all week before the contest, and when the contest started with
several failures, he insisted on sacrificing time from his own effort to help
me again. Even when I tried to dissuade him from doing so, he persisted.
I never really got much going right and lost a radio and an amp in the process.
Ever since the severe lightning strke of last May, I've been beset by gremlins.

Tom's effort in my behalf, at the expense of his own, is truly remarkable.
Words cannot describe.........

I also owe a vote of thanks to Jeff, KE4UNA for lots of help with the
antennas.
Sorry I didn't use them better.

In Vince Lombardi's famous dinner speech, he said " the winner has one hundred
percent fun and one hundred percent satisfaction and the only thing left for
the loser is a one hundred percent dedication."

Finally, in the words of Arnold " I'LL BE BACK"

73,
Darrell