[3830] NCCC Thursday practice K8AJS

John Bastin jbastin at sssnet.com
Sat Sep 30 16:42:04 EDT 2006

                             NS LADDER 1.12 - K8AJS
160M:
80M:
1  FL  2  GA  3  KS  4  MD  5  TN
40M:
1  CA  2  CO  3  OR  4  TX  5  WA
20M:
1  CA  2  OR  3  WA
160M  QSOS =   0 in    0 minutes
80M  QSOS =   9 in  11 minutes
40M  QSOS =   8 in   12 minutes
20M  QSOS =   4 in     7 minutes
TOTAL QSOS  =  21 in  30 minutes
Total MULTS  =  13.
                            *** FINAL SCORE =  273 Points ***

Twenty meters was a washout, I probably stayed there too long as it was.
I moved to 40 and then 80, was hearing signals pretty well, but
evidently
nobody was really hearing me. I would call someone, work them, then call
CQ and get no answer. About the second time I called CQ on a frequency,
instead of calling me someone would plop right on top of me and start
calling CQ. That's a pretty good sign that I wasn't being heard.

The bands were pretty long, as evidenced by my multipliers: only the
west
coast on 20, and nothing closer than about 1500 miles on 40. 80 was the
only band I had any contacts east of the Mississippi.

I had a few more Qs than last week, but fewer mults, resulting in a
score
that was only a dribble better than last week. Oh well, maybe better
next
time...

Rig: FT1000MP
Antennas: 3 el quad, 204-foot G5RV