[3830] CQ160 SSB N2CW Multi-Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Apr 1 13:09:17 EDT 2007

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, SSB

Call: N2CW
Operator(s): N2OO,K2RET,KC2COB,W2USF,KA2NZB,N3JM,W2OB,W2ARP,KB2M,W2KP,KF2BQ,N2HM,W2CG,W2NO,K2SG,KA2BMI
Station: N2CW

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: SNJ

Total:  QSOs = 988  State/Prov = 62  Countries = 48  Total Score = 351,230

This was our 4th SJDXA club entry in this contest. It has become our primary
"annual" club activity. We share the wonderful 160 antenna
farm with the W2GD 160 contest team here at the former site of coastal
marine station WSC (now WYRS FM broadcast site). Friday night was
difficult. We had a couple of equipment failures as well as very high
atmospheric noise! But after some reconfiguring on Saturday afternoon,
we were well prepared for the Saturday night activity which brought
excellent band conditions. Europe was coming in well throughout the
evening. Special thanks to the W2GD contest team and to WYRS (our
host). It turned out to be a very fun weekend for our entire team of
16 operators!

Rig: IC746PRO/FT1000MP MKV - AL1200, IC756PROII/IC746, - Drake L7 (mult),
TS870S (extra RX)

Antennas: Two 200 foot high combinable slopers (one NE and one W) with delta
loop reflector in between, hung on a 300 foot marsh based tower at the old HF
marine site of WSC. Vertical Dipole.

Six beverages: NE (twin phased), E, N/S, SW, W and NW (staggered phased).