[3830] WPX SSB CN2R(W7EJ) SOSB160 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Apr 2 14:12:35 EDT 2007

                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: CN2R
Operator(s): W7EJ
Station: CN2R

Class: SOSB160 HP
QTH: Morocco

Total:  718  Prefixes = 411  Total Score = 1,739,352

A Good contest for me. More then doubled the old world record.
This is WPX SSB SOSB record number 3 for me. 5C5Z operated on 20M at my station
to post a new record for SOSB 20M.

TX: Elevated vertical(4 radials), 47M rotating dipole, Inv-Vee @27M
RX: 2 x K9AY, EU-SA 189M beverage, N-S 189M beverage, NA-AF 219M beverage

Condx were not good to NA. No noise, a little QRN to the West. Asia was down.

This was mt first use of the 3 bidirectional beverages on 160M. They worked
well except for a very strange problem. 2 of the beverages stopped working in
the 'towards' direction. Lost the NA and SA directions. I worked on this
problem during both days, after the band went dead. All 3 beverages are >100
meters from TX vertical
The beverasges would not fail during the daylight hours and after no RF for ~8
hours they would magically start working again in both directions. At darkness
(1900Z) the 2 directions would go dead after calling CQ. This happened on all 3
evenings.
Hope to solve this problem before CQWW.

Thanks to all for the QSOs. Look for me again on 160M during CQWW.