[3830] MiQP N1IW Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Apr 22 11:29:06 EDT 2007

                    Michigan QSO Party

Call: N1IW
Operator(s): N1IW
Station: N1IW

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: NH

   80:   43     16
   40:   94     71
   20:    5      2
--------------------
Total:  142     89  CW Mults = 54  Ph Mults = 39  Total Score = 34,689

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Another fun one! Congrats to the Mad River guys for organizing another great
event. Nice spin on including the Big Mac 50th in the mix. Could not get to my
cabin in MTMO this year so put in a full effort from the home QTH in NH. I need
to do some major antenna work out there over the summer. I did manage to work my
friend W8TOM on 40M SSB to get MTMO though. Thanks Tom!

Most productive band was 40M given the NH to MI path with the sunspot number
being a big goose egg! Did eek out 9 Qs on 20M early in the afternoon. Spot
checked 15M and 10M for any high angle or backscatter paths but no dice up
there. After about 0130Z both 40M and 80M started to go long and I was really
picking up major static crashes from the squall line running from the western
end of the UP all the way down to the Texas panhandle. Overall I was happy with
my effort.

Have a great summer and hope to catch you all from the cabin outside Atlanta
next year! Best 73... de Mike, N1IW