[3830] OnQP VA3RAC(VA3NR) Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Apr 22 22:56:41 EDT 2007

                    Ontario QSO Party

Call: VA3RAC
Operator(s): VA3NR
Station: VA3NR

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: lam

  160:    9      5     11
   80:   50     80     52
   40:   75    101     65
   20:   40      9     26
   15:    1      0      1
   10:    0      0      0
    6:    0      0      0
    2:    0      1      1
---------------------------
Total:  175    196    156  Total Score = 88,608

[Mk-V field, FT840, 100watts, DXCC dipole at 35', HF6V vertical, 160m inv-L.]

Conditions certainly better than last year.  40m tuned out to be my best band.
How to play 40 phone is always a tough choice - I would be happy if we could
just hold the contest up in the US portion but thats not where the casual VE3's
hang out.  Listening split fouls up SO2R for me.  I did make sure to spend lots
of time up in the US band simplex and was rewarded with lots of stateside QSOs
and mults.  Thanks!

Sunday afternoon I was pleasantly surprised there was some short skip on 20m.
W1, W2 and some Eastern VE3's were loud here.  I don't remember much short skip
on 20 or 40 last year.  I feel we've made it through the worst of the cycle and
conditions will be even better next year.

My opinion is that many of the casual VE3's are focused on S&Ping for counties
and making inside-Ontario QSOs.  In the future I hope we can help develop more
interest in CQing and running pileups.  There's so many multipliers outside
Ontario that its good strategy to CALL CQ and lots of FUN, even for smaller
stations (like mine).

Thanks to RAC for use of the callsign.  Thanks to all who participated - the
rovers, mobiles, multi's, out-of-state, plaque sponsors, CCO exec. and
volunteers, and everyone who made a few QSOs.

Like always- I learned a few things and next time will try for even better!

73,
Chris VA3NR