[3830] CQWW VHF VE3CRU/R Rover LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Thu Aug 2 20:53:21 EDT 2007

                    CQ Worldwide VHF Contest

Call: VE3CRU/R
Operator(s): VE3CRU
Station: VE3CRU

Class: Rover LP
QTH: Ontario grids
Operating Time (hrs):

    6:  142   101
Total:  192   142  Total Score = 34,364

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

The above score is the result of using Roverlog in after-contest mode.  Much to
my surprise, no dupes in this contest and Roverlog caught several multi's I had
overlooked.

Saturday overall went well, with an opening on 6 that was far from last year.
Sunday was a test of endurance, with large gaps with one to three already
worked stations being the only ones heard.    Best DX east was GN29, GN36 and
GN08 with FN74 and FN75 close behind.  To the west was DN94, DM79 but no deep
Carribean contacts or EU worked.  Did hear an east coaster working a CT1 who
qsyed after as not his frequency.  Had great success working K8GP from several
grids both bands as well as K1WHS, K1TEO and surprised to get K1TOL too.  Also
the more central biggies such as W3SO and south to K5QE.

Quit 1.5 hours before the contest ended as I had only 4 hours sleep and just
couldn't go any longer.  I was very happy with my results, no failures of gear
too, and look forward to the overall results being tabulated as I am in the
WORLD Rover category.

Thanks to John Lindholm W1XX and the CQ contesting staff for another great
event.  Also to all who toughed it out to make it worthwhile staying in the
contest.  Enjoyed every qso.  Contesting integrity maintained!

73,

Bill   VE3CRU/R