[3830] NAQP CW N6TV Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Aug 5 01:57:55 EDT 2007

                    North American QSO Party, CW

Call: N6TV
Operator(s): N6TV
Station: N6TV

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: CA

  160:   19     7
   15:   20     7
   10:    2     1
-------------------
Total:  742   139  Total Score = 103,138

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Team: NCCC Team 1

Comments:

Bad line noise on 15m severely restricted what I could hear up there, hence the
low numbers.  I heard lots of locals working lots of stuff on 15m that I
couldn't hear at all.  There were also QRNN problems on 20m, but the JPS ANC-4
noise canceller helped the S/N ratio once I got it tuned right.

The new Force 12 Sigma 180S with Tornado Tuning Drive seemed to worked very
well on 80, despite the conditions.

Ants:  5 el 10, 5 el 15, 5 el 20, 3 el 40, 1 el 80 (rotary), shunt-fed tower on
160m

Rig:  FT-1000MP (2)

Software:  Win-Test v3.14 by F5MZN

The old manual SO2R box built by N6BT sure got a workout this weekend.

Conditions will be better next year, right?

73,
Bob, N6TV