[3830] NAQP CW K0XP Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Aug 5 02:40:39 EDT 2007

                    North American QSO Party, CW

Call: K0XP
Operator(s): K0XP
Station: K0XP

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: CT

   15:    4     4
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  375   122  Total Score = 45,750

Club:

Team:

Comments:

Had things to do during the day, so stopped by now and then and made a few Qs;
didn't really get to sit down continuously until 01Z. Was surprised 40 went so
long, so early. Soon after, 80 seemed to shut down west of the Mississippi
until 0430Z; was scrambling to find 6s and 7s right till the end and they were
all weaker than during the Sprint Ladders which end at 03Z. Happy to make so
many Qs on 160 but the autofill of our logger programs basically allows us to
"cheat"; as long as you have the call and worked the guy earlier, the logger
will automagically fill in info even if you can't copy the guy  ;o(

I used my TS-130S this time as it has the narrow CW filter. But it's noise
blanker isn't nearly as good as the TS-680S and around 03Z, I could tell I had
constant weak line noise getting past the 130's blanker. Oh well.

Rig: TS-130S w/270 Hz filter
Antlers: 80 inv vee, 40 and 20 slopers toward Europe