[3830] NAQP CW K9GY Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Aug 5 08:13:06 EDT 2007

                    North American QSO Party, CW

Call: K9GY
Operator(s): K9GY
Station: K9GY

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: EN61 Illinois
Operating Time (hrs):

   40:  53     25
   20:  19      5
Total:  72     30  Total Score = 2,160

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Team: SMC #5

Comments:

Somehow I scheduled a dental appt for the same day...a crown removed and a temp
crown put in. I usually don't use novacaine but the dentist insisted...so my
mouth was not a happy camper.

Initial plans were to put up a 80m dipole over the roof into the front and back
yards. The XYL gave me some QRM about putting an expandable pole on the front
mailbox post so I got a little discouraged...finally decided to fire up the
ailing R7000. So off to a hamfest the next two Sundays to replace the R7000
with an R8.

Used the name "Vesper" from the latest James Bond movie.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vesper_Lynd
Didn't seem like a good choice with 12 dits and only 4 dahs but people got it
pretty much ok on the first try. Maybe more Bond fans out there than I thought!

Yaesu FT-990, Cushcraft R7000, WriteLog.

CQ CONTEST!

73, Eric