[3830] NAQP CW K4CZ Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Aug 5 17:15:13 EDT 2007

                    North American QSO Party, CW

Call: K4CZ
Operator(s): K4CZ
Station: K4CZ

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Durham, NC

  160:    0     0
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  372   109  Total Score = 40,548

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Team:

Comments:

Rig:  Kenwood TS-830
Antenna:  Force 12 C-4 @ 50' for 40-10m; Dipole @ 45' for 80m
Software:  N1MM logger

This was my second NAQP CW.  I improved from the first one in Jan-2007 (314 Qs,
94 mults, and score of 29,516) despite weak propagation on the high bands and
S5-S9 summertime QRN on the low bands.  Used my back-up rig (which only has
stock filters).  Also used the ESM (enter sends message) feature of N1MM logger
for the first time...it's very helpful but I fumbled with the sequencing at
times.

Thanks for the Qs and a special thanks to all the ops who were patient during
my frequent requests for repeats and fills.  I just finished my second contest
"season" and my third year as a licensed ham.  It's been both fun and
challenging and I look forward to  many more years on the air.

73, Barry K4CZ