[3830] ARRL UHF KB8U Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Aug 5 22:59:36 EDT 2007

                    ARRL UHF Contest

Call: KB8U
Operator(s): KB8U
Station: KB8U

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: EN71
Operating Time (hrs):

  1.2:   22    13
  2.3:   13    10
  3.4:    9     7
  5.7:
  10G:    8     5
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  145    89  Total Score = 72,624

Conditions were fair to good, except for the rain most of Sunday morning (which
kept people off the air).  I had quite a bit of precipitation static, even on
432.  Sorry if people were calling and I didn't come back, now you know why.

The rovers were out in force, I even scored one all-time new grid on 1296 with
W9FZ/R in EN43.  Unfortunately I didn't hear him in any more northerly grids.
QSOs and mults with NE8I/R were at least 25% of my score so a big thank you to
Lloyd.

Conditions were very good to the west, with K2DRH in EN41 on 3456 for only the
second time ever, and W9ZIH on 10GHz in EN51, both tropo.  I didn't work any
rain scatter on 10GHz, it's hard to coordinate on the lower VHF bands when the
rain static is making your receiver sizzle up to S9.  Tropo conditions were
also very good into southern Ontario late Saturday night, but there was only
one station on by then.

Onward and upward to the 10GHz and above contest!

73, Russ  KB8U