[3830] EUHF Champ DJ1AA Mixed LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Aug 6 03:52:47 EDT 2007

                    European HF Championship

Call: DJ1AA
Operator(s): DJ1AA
Station: DJ1AA

Class: Mixed LP
QTH: Kreiensen - JO41XU

  160:    0      0      0
   80:   16     12     22
   40:   19    118     50
   20:    6     15     14
   15:    0     20     18
   10:   20     43     35
---------------------------
Total:   61    208    139  Total Score = 36,974

Club: Rhein Ruhr DX Association

Comments:

3830 Members de DJ1AA:

My activated station during the EU-HF-2007 Chamionship contest
is located in Kreiensen, about 70km south of Hannover in locator
JO41XU. TRX: ICOM IC756PRO3, PWR: 100W, Ant: Fritzel FBDX660 with
40m extension about 19m above the ground and a Kelemen 80/160m Dipol
inverted-V about 18m in peak the balun. Since I had problems (IARU WM
and IOTA 2007) with my FBDX660 6 element, my 20m band performance is
very bad. SWR 4:1 up to 8:1. It looks like that the 20m band traps from the
40m extension are faulty. The other bands (10m, 15m, 40m) working OK so far.
With my 3KW tuner I matched a good SWR under high power test transmissions, but
in case of the faulty trap(?s?) I have now the 2nd time a dead balun, too. Now a
lot of problems are coming up with my 20 years old FB53 (Expanded to a FBDX660
with EWS3040). Perhaps the right time to look for a new antenna, but the prices
are so high..  So I will try to find all reasons for the bad behavior of my
antenna system. Meet you in the next contests.

73 Greetings from Germany

Mirko DJ1AA