[3830] NAQP CW W5GN Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Aug 8 19:45:13 EDT 2007

                    North American QSO Party, CW

Call: W5GN
Operator(s): W5GN
Station: W5GN

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: TX

   15:    2     2
Total:  442   130  Total Score = 57,460

Club: North Texas Contest Club

Team: Parker County Posse

Comments:

With my tower nested, the OB16-3 for 10-15-20 is only at 42 feet,
and the 2-el Cal AV 40 is only at 26 feet, and the 160 Inverted L
and the center support of 80 halfwave are only at 20 feet.

Boy, does that suck, compared with the fully extended tribander
at 90 feet, Cal Av at 74 feet, and the center of the 80 and the
L feeder at 70 feet.

Still, had fun, especially when I made 3 QSOs with the RF Power
knob all the way down on the IC756PRO II, and wondered why so
many repeats were requested - it measured 0.8 watts when I
realized my error, so maybe QRP contesting really is possible!