[3830] NCCC Sprint N9NB LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Thu Aug 9 23:43:33 EDT 2007

                    NCCC Sprint - Aug 10

Call: N9NB
Operator(s): N9NB
Station: N9NB

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: va

   40:  39     13
Total:  39     13  Total Score = 507

Conditions on 40 were great for me for the first 5 minutes, as I had pileups on
all of my early CQs and a very good rate, but then the band changed and I
became weak, not able to get much attention after winning the frequency.

It was very nice to work fellow CTDXCCers N3BB and W5JAW, both who did really
well, and to hear W9RE, K0AD, and N9FC, on with big signals here in Virginia.
Thanks to Steve K0XP for putting on Vermont (!). Pat N9RV was really cooking
--great to hear him loud on 40m.

Despite making a sloper this summer, the G5RV at 40' continued to have a better
signal. Makes me wonder what a tower and a yagi might do :-)...someday it will
happen!