[3830] WAE CW N3RS Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Aug 13 15:28:43 EDT 2007

                    WAE DX Contest, CW

Call: N3RS
Operator(s): N3RS
Station: N3RS

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: PA

   80:  131    40   132
   40:  260   190   120
   20:  581   721    94
   15:  115   121    58
   10:    3     0     4
-------------------------
Total: 1090  1072   408  Total Score = 882,096

Dave, N3RD, was unable to make it here for the annual N3RD entry in the WAE for
personal reasons and I was unable to mount a serious effort as a single op, so
I decided to make a casual entry this year.  I slept a lot, watched part of the
Phillies game on TV, and took my wife out to celebrate her birthday but still
had enough time to have some fun and check out the new DX Engineering 4-Square
receive array.  It was used for listening for nearly all of the 80M and 40M
QSOs.  It is definitely a keeper!

While the noise was a problem on the low bands, poor propagation was the main
culprit responsible for lower scores this year.  15M didn't stay open very long
and while 10M did open for sporadic-E propagation to southern Europe on Sunday.
 I wasn't around for Saturday, so it may have opened then as well.  The problem
was, the Europeans never went there to check for the opening.  I did work two F
stations and CU2JT, whom I asked to QSY from 15M.  I also heard RW1AC weakly,
but couldn't get him in the log.

Next year we will probably return to the usual N3RD entry.  Thanks to all for
the QSOs.

73 de Sig