[3830] NAQP SSB K6VVA Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Aug 19 01:42:40 EDT 2007

                    North American QSO Party, SSB

Call: K6VVA
Operator(s): K6VVA
Station: K6VVA

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Zone 41
Operating Time (hrs): 1 Hour

  160:   3      1
   80:  27      6
   40:   5      5
   20:   3      3
Total:  38     15  Total Score = 570

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Team:

Comments:

A Net Criminal forged my k6vva domain name as mostafa188 at k6vva.com and
subscribed to an online BB wreaking some havoc here last week.  Umh, I always
thought the spelling was Mustafa.

Accordingly, I decided to use another creative derivation for my NAQP Name this
year:  MOOSTAPHA (think of a cow when pronouncing the first part).  Certainly
this would challenge the strictly "Pre-Fill" log contesters :-)  Unfortunately,
it was discovered later that some logging programs don't have sufficient field
space for a nine character name.  What's up with that?  WriteLog will handle 12
characters!!!

I was only a few miles away from the N6IJ Club Station when I drove to Monterey
this morning, and was tempted to stop on the way back and operate from a decent
QTH.  But the call of my new non-contest/radio notebook computer I wasn't home
to sign for on Friday kept me driving North to Watsonville where I picked it up
at a DHL facility there and then headed home over the mountains to get busy
installing software.  Not much time for radio today/tonight (especially from
this QTH on SSB).

73, DSW & Good Luck in Contest ... from MOOSTAPHA !!!

Rick, K6VVA