[3830] SARTG VA7ST SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Aug 19 13:37:29 EDT 2007

                    SARTG WW RTTY Contest

Call: VA7ST
Operator(s): VA7ST
Station: VA7ST

Class: SOAB HP
QTH:

   80:    7    70     6
   40:   89   930    26
   20:  248  3085    68
   15:    2    25     3
   10:
-------------------------
Total:  346  4110   103  Total Score = 423,330

* FT920 + SB221
* N1MM Logger and MMTTY
* 3-el tribander @45'
* 40M half-squares
* All-band vertical

Year  Qs   Mult  Score   Class
---------------------------------
2007  346  103   423,330 (SOABHigh)
2006  225   67   156,110 (SOABLow)
2005   45   18     8,460 (SO20Low)
2004  176   71   132,060 (SOABLow)
2003  109   57    74,385 (SOABLow)
2002   98   66    73,920 (SOABLow)

Conditions much better than hoped for (considering SFI=68). Nice low A=1 and
K=0 figures for the final session. Enjoyed the rain on Sunday night and morning
as it killed my atrocious B.C. Hydro power line noise for a while.

80M delta loop out of action due to major wind damage, and the backup all-band
vertical was terrible on TX -- could hear quite a few stations but most of my
800W was going into the ground, and the rest straight up, I think. Far more
activity Sunday (3rd period) than on Friday night (1st period).

40M half-squares were very good to everywhere but EU. 89 Qs and 26 mults up
from 37Q for 16M last year with a 2-element wire yagi and LP. Worked Italy
twice, but no other EU at all. No VKs, a few ZLs, no JAs worked though heard a
couple of very weak ones.

20M was solid to EU in all three sessions. The wee hours of Sunday morning were
dead, but picked up by daylight here in B.C. The SB221 made for much more fun --
LP last year 177 Qs for 40 mults; this year 248 Qs for 68 mults.

Left a soft 40M at 1200z Sunday after endless unanswered calls and slept.
Intended to get on for the final 2.5 hours, but ended up enjoying sleep too
much and got back for just the final hour. Found VE9DX and VA7RY (10 miles from
me) in the final half hour. Last mult and Q was IS0LFZ -- nice way to finish.
Wish I hadn't slept as EU was very good for that hour, with the 10-minute rate
meter at 114/hr as the clock hit 1600z.

Biggest disappointment was 15M, which was mosty dead as a post. Only 2
contacts, down from a measley 8 last year. Called for ages, hunted for even
longer but missed out on what should have been easy W/VE mults. No one looking
northwest, I guess.

Overall, rates weren't too high but steady. Made the hours go quickly. Had a
super time. Thanks to all for the contacts.