[3830] NAQP SSB K0OU Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Aug 19 16:15:48 EDT 2007

                    North American QSO Party, SSB

Call: K0OU
Operator(s): K0OU
Station: K0OU

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: MO

   40:  12      7
   20:  42     22
Total:  54     29  Total Score = 1,566

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Team:

Comments:

Not much effort here. Didn't know if I was going to be on the air or not. Had
other real life to attend to. Also, some equipment problems - the rotor would
not rote, so the C4sxl was stuck pointing north. So I didn't sign up for a team
and had no plans to work the contest. After working on the tower, I came down
and tried it out, and it still didn't work- so I turned the radio on and made a
few contacts off the vertical, and the beam pointing north. The only good
signals I heard came from VE6, and K7RI, and K7RL. Everyone else was puny and
no answers to my cq's. So I didn't stick with it long - just from 19:41 to
21:26 on 20 and 40. Had a number of folks thank me for MO, so I hope I wasn't
the only one on. Finally got the rotor working Sunday, so I will be ready for
the Sprints in September (I hope). 73 to all de K0OU Steve in MO