[3830] NAQP SSB VE3RM(VE3AP) Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Aug 22 11:33:40 EDT 2007

                    North American QSO Party, SSB

Call: VE3RM
Operator(s): VE3AP
Station: VE3RM

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: L'Orignal

   15:    2     2
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  311   103  Total Score = 32,033

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Team: CCO Team 1

Comments:

Equipment Description: Yaesu FT 1000MP, Bencher Skyhawk, Dipoles for 80 and 40,
T (not radials) for 160

Comments:

It was planned as a full effort, but in every visit to VE3RM's I want to learn
something from him (he is like a speaking Radio Amateur handbook, an endless
source of information), this time was about towers, bolts and grounding,
therefore I spent more time listening to Don and learning differences between
bolts, concrete and wires to install in my future tower than operate the NAQP.
Lot of people were surprising and some laugh when listen my call VE3RM name
"Don" (I want to use Don's call and his name) with a very strong spanish accent
:-).
I call to several station in 160 (KT0R was very loud in that band), but they
didn't copy me.
Just for fun, I call CQ "concurso" in Spanish getting several XE, HR and CO
stations answering my calls.
As everybody notice the bands were very noise, we lost our beverage few weeks
ago when the farmer who lives beside VE3RM, run over the cable with his
harvester machines, without beverage the reception in low bands was very
difficult.

73, Claudio "Don" VE3AP