[3830] WAE CW SV3SJ/P Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Thu Aug 23 11:46:19 EDT 2007

                    WAE DX Contest, CW

Call: SV3SJ/P
Operator(s): SV3SJ
Station: SV3SJ/P

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: nr. Kalamata Greece

   80:   12    10     9
   40:   38    20    13
   20:   45    78    13
   15:    9    20     5
   10:    5    10     2
-------------------------
Total:  109   138   115  Total Score = 28,405

An unexpected short activity during my stay in Greece, where I could try my
mobile setup near my QTH at ~1600m asl.

SteppIR 2el at 8m on a tripod with rotor mounting.
Dipoles for 80m and 40m
K9AY homemade
TS-2000 (100w)
Power generator
Win-test 3.15

After some 7h of installation and with the help of Costas SV3BIL the setup was
ready only few hours before the contest. Spyros SV8CS and George SV8RX made a
terrific effort to deliver to this remote end cluster frames.

The propagation was far from benefiting low power stations, yet qsos and qtcs
started slowly accumulating. Unfortunately there was an unplanned end of the
show when heavy western winds started gusting at 7-8B.

Early Saturday afternoon and only after 9h of contesting, decided to unmount
all antennas as the wind was getting stronger.

Many thanks to all who called, I hope next year for more fixed participation
and hopefully the full 36h :-)

73's Nick (F5VIH/SV3SJ)