[3830] OhQP NO5W SOAB LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Aug 26 14:03:18 EDT 2007

                    Ohio QSO Party

Call: NO5W
Operator(s): NO5W
Station: NO5W

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: TX

   80:
   40:   19     0
   20:   27     0
--------------------
Total:   46     0  CW Mults = 29  Ph Mults = 0  Total Score = 2,668

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

When the OQP started out it sounded like 20M was going to be good into South
Texas but about 2 hours into the contest the mobile stations dropped almost to
the noise level making copy very tough. Later on after dinner I thought that
40M might be better so I tried again but with no joy due to wall-to-wall RTTY.
So I struggled to make a few Qs on 40M while answering some emails and packed
it in around 0300Z.

As always it was fun tracking the mobiles around, even in the poor conditions.
Thanks to the following mobiles who braved the weather to hand out QSOs in
multiple counties as indicated: K8MR(6), K8RYU(4), KJ9C/M(2), W8CAR(2),
W8UE(2)

Hope to work everyone from NO5W/M in the Texas QSO Party September 29-30.

73/Chuck/NO5W