[3830] SCC RTTY K6GEP SOAB(A) LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Aug 26 15:44:37 EDT 2007

                    SCC RTTY Championship

Call: K6GEP
Operator(s): K6GEP
Station: K6GEP

Class: SOAB(A) LP
QTH: CA

   80:    6   12     6
   40:   50  104    29
   20:   24   99    30
------------------------
Total:  101  215    65  Total Score = 13,975

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

Conditions were fair to poor for this contest.  I had to do a lot of repeats.
I fear what the log checking will do to my log.  It could be brutal, as many
of my QSOs were ESP.

I am having doubts about the performance of my 2 element dipole beam pointed
east.  It might have some alignment issues at the moment.

Worked some new ones on RTTY: UU, S5 (makes sense), 9M6   S5 was well
represented with big guns.  I spent a lot of time trying to work new ones.  The
one that got away: 7X0RY

I made a big mistake by not getting on 80m earlier in the evening.  East coast
stations went to bed.

I basically ran out of stations to work 5 hours before the contest ended
(midnight local time).

I was disappointed by the lack of JA participation in this contest.  They were
out there, and I could hear them working the 9M's.  The propagation path
was open between West Coast and JA, but they just weren't on.

I am thinking about what direction to point my dipole beam for CQ WW RTTY.

Station:
       FT-990
       N1MM + MMTTY Software

Antennas:
       2 element VE7CA dipole beam 20m
       Alpha Delta DX-CC Multiband Dipole as sloper from 50 feet
       40 meter inverted vee with apex at 50 feet