[3830] ARRL 160 W6ZL Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Dec 3 00:40:42 EST 2007

                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: W6ZL
Operator(s): W6ZL
Station: W6ZL

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: ORG

Total:  QSOs = 304  Sections = 65  Countries = 7  Total Score = 40,105

Made a bigger effort from small urban lot this time. Found out that rain Friday
morning had gotten into the outdoor mounted tuner. This just as the sun was
going down. Put out a single 120' radial on the lawn and fed coax to 150'
inverted L. Tuner in radio was able to handle it. Saturday during daylight,
trimmed the L for resonance, didn't need the radio tuner. High noise level
here, it goes down some after midnight when everyone turns off their TV's,
lights, etc. Thanks to all who pulled my small signal through the slow QSB,
seemed like 15 - 30 seconds between fades -- I'm impressed by the courtesy and
patience of 160M operators. Highlight was hearing JA's for the first time ever.
Too weak to work, but maybe next time. Worked 20 more mults than last year and
more than doubled my score.

Thanks to all who worked me.

Dave / W6ZL